Skip to main content
Gearbox Labs' mission is to produce cutting-edge and rigorous STEAM education resources and programs for schools, homeschools, out-of-school programs, and self-motivated learners.
Gearbox Labs is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Gearbox Labs Scholarship Programs
August Haydock Memorial Student Scholarship
- Up to $500
- For students ages 10-17 (at the time of application)
- Can be used for any organized STEM learning experience or program (ex. summer or holiday camp, after-school program).
- Requires a submitted application and endorsement from a non-family member
- Requires documentation on what is being funded.
- One or more awards made by February 15 of each year.
- The application will be made available on December 1 each year and is due December 31 of the same year.
- Payments are made directly to the experience/program provider and are limited to the amount of the experience (no personal reimbursements).
Robert and Geraldine Andersen Classroom Scholarship
- $1500 value (in-kind award/donation to your education organization).
- Provides one - 8 hour virtual or face-to-face residency to a classroom of students (not for teacher professional development).
- Focus on STEM integration of engineering and coding
- Learn the basics of Tinkercad and Arduino (materials/internet access not included) and applications to real-world situations
- Must be a formal or informal educator with STEM responsibilities
- A written letter of support from a school administrator
- Open application date - no limit to the number of scholarships awarded.
- Awards made based on application and availability of Gearbox Labs staff
Gearbox Labs Educator Scholarship
- Up to $500
- For educators pursuing engineering or coding experience for classroom use.
- Can be used for an engineering or coding learning experience (ex. course, workshop, self-study).
- Requires a submitted application and endorsement from a supervisor or mentor
- Requires documentation on what is being funded
- Award is made by May 15 of each year
- The application will be made available on April 1 each year and is due on April 30 of the same year.
- Payments are made directly to the experience provider and are limited in the amount of the experience (no personal reimbursements).
- Gearbox Labs will evaluate each application and decide the amount and number of awards.
- Any application may be rejected for any reason.
- Questions may be submitted using the contact form listed at the bottom of this page.
- All decisions of Gearbox Labs are final.
Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved.